Be sure to participate in our first “Photo Friday”!
At crblake.com, we will begin taking photo submissions from anyone that would like to show off their skills! We will accept photos Saturday through Thursday, then post them on Friday.
These photos will serve as a writing prompt for writers who want a fun exercise and a chance to share their work. They will write a short story incorporating the photo and share it in one of the following ways:
- Copy and pasted your story into the comments section
- Post it on your own website and link back to the blog post or
- Leave a comment with a link to your site where you posted the story
And of course, for all of our fiction lovers, you will be able to enjoy the creativity of all of the participating writers! It’s a win-win-win!
For example, once all of the photo submissions are in, I will post a photo (or more than one) such as this:
Next, writers would write a story somehow incorporating the photo. For the example photo above, good things to consider are:
-Where is this?
-What year is it?
-Who is driving?
-Where are they going?
-Why are they going there?
…I’m sure you get the point. And from this, a brand new story can come to life! (And writers, feel free to leave a link to your website at the end so readers can see more of your work).
And readers, feel free to comment which stories you loved and why!
There are no prizes (hopefully in the future!), but a collaborative platform for everyone to share and enjoy the art of photography and fiction.
There a few ways to submit photos:
- Tag me on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook (links are to the right)
- Use #photofriday on any of your posts
- If you don’t use social media, feel free to e-mail me photos at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be sure to include a username, website address or anything of that nature so I can give you photo credit!
Don’t forget to follow my blog so you don’t miss out! Super excited to see what everyone comes up with – send away!